The flooring industry is a large and growing market and owning your own flooring franchise with either Solomons Flooring or Carpet Call is a great option.
This growth is being driven by a number of factors, including the increasing popularity of hard flooring options, the growing demand for sustainable flooring, and the increasing popularity of home improvement projects thanks to TV shows like The Block and Selling Houses Australia.
If you’re thinking about starting your own business, a flooring franchise can be a great option. Here are 10 reasons why:
- A proven business model. When you buy a Floor Stores franchise, you’re not starting from scratch. You’re buying into a proven business model that has been successful in other markets. This means that you can focus on running your business instead of reinventing the wheel.
- Brand recognition. A well-known brand can give you a significant advantage over your competitors. When people are looking for a flooring retailer, they’re more likely to choose a company that they’re familiar with.
- Access to resources. When you’re a franchisee, you have access to the resources of the franchisor. This includes things like marketing materials, training programs, and operational support.
- Support from the franchisor. The franchisor will provide you with ongoing support. This includes things like help with marketing, sales, and customer service.
- Training. When you buy a Solomons Flooring or Carpet Call franchise, you’ll receive extensive training before opening your store and then ongoing training such as when new products are launched.
- National network. We have franchisees all around Australia, some with more than 30 years tenure with the Floor Stores group. Each year we hold a national conference, alternating between domestic and international locations. This is a great opportunity to network with other franchisees, sharing ideas and celebrating your combined successes.
- Bulk buying power. As a franchisee, you’ll be able to take advantage of economies of scale. This means that you can buy materials and supplies at a lower cost than you would if you were starting your own business.
- Brand loyalty. Many people have a strong brand loyalty to certain flooring brands. This means that if you’re a franchisee of a well-known brand, you’ll be more likely to attract customers who are already familiar with the product.
- Upside potential. The flooring industry is a growing market, which means that there is a lot of upside potential for franchisees. If you’re willing to work hard and put in the effort, you can be very successful in this business.
- Low start-up costs. The start-up costs for a flooring franchise are typically lower than the start-up costs for a traditional business.
If you’re thinking about starting your own business, a flooring franchise can be a great option. With a proven business model, brand recognition, access to resources, and ongoing support, you’ll be well on your way to success.
Here are some additional tips for opening a flooring franchise:
- Do your research. Before you buy a franchise, make sure you do your research and choose a company that is a good fit for you. Consider the company’s financial stability, its reputation, and its training and support programs. Also check to see how many existing stores are for sale. If there are many, this could be an indication of something being not quite right.
- Get involved in the community. Once you’ve opened your franchise, get involved in the community. This will help you to build relationships with potential customers and referral sources.
- Stay up-to-date on trends. The flooring industry is constantly changing, so it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends. This will help you to attract new customers and keep your existing customers happy.
With hard work and dedication, you can be very successful operating your flooring franchise, but you will only get out of it what you are willing to put into it. Like any other business, it needs to be driven through great customer service, selling quality products and marketing.
To find our more, contact our National Franchise Manager for a confidential chat.